The Geroix Internet of Things (IoT) Architecture is the culmination of over forty years of electronics and software experience. Geroix is a platorm that glues the critical elements of getting sensor data and information to the user, while also allowing data to flow back to devices, such as actuators or mobile phones, where some action is performed. Throughout this process of sensor to actuator to information, many steps are taking place to ensure all of this information is sent securely, stored securely, and ready for action.
Geroix uses the following to ensure this happens smoothly, securely and with as little impact as possible:
- Sensor is sampling values of its surroundings constantly (like temperature or light).
- The Geroix Prognostics CPU (P-CPU) reads the value of the sensor.
- The Geroix P-CPU then transmits this data in a structured data format to the Geroix Cloud (or your cloud if you desire).
- The Geroix Cloud writes this “status” information to a database for further and future analysis.
- Geroix Cloud sends a message to a person, machine or contact center and waits for a responsive action.
- The end user taps or clicks the dashboard, indicating an action to turn on an air conditioner for example.
- Geroix cloud stores this message into the database.
- Geroix cloud then communicates this message back to the P-CPU via another structured message.
- The P-CPU toggles an electronic pin that turns on the air conditioner.
- End user check their dashboard later that evening on their mobile phone to see how many events occurred with that sensor.
This simplified description is what happens millions of times every hour throughout the globe.
Please review more of the many exciting IoT architectures in the graphic on the right. Just click any section to outline the benefits of IoT, and how Geroix can help you get an existing project migrated to IoT, or help jumpstart a new IoT project undertaking.
Thank you and we hope you enjoy reading the many possibilities IoT and Geroix have to offer any team, and any project of varying difficulty.